Tyrone Wells - The Lift Me Up Tour with Special Guest - 10/8/19Tuesday, October 08 2019 6pm Doors / 8pm Start
- Front Premier
- Bar Stool
Tyrone Wells - The Lift Me Up Tour with Special Guest - 10/8/19
at City Winery Washington DC
- Front Premier
- Bar Stool
Tyrone Wells still sort of chuckles to himself when he thinks about the fact that making music is his “job." He has been at this “job" for well over a decade, and is just now beginning to shake off the discomfort and stress of the days when he had a real job (TJ Maxx - lead of the ladies department in Spokane, WA). As far as jobs go, Tyrone feels like he has won the lottery (in regards to his present “job”). He loves to create music. He loves to perform. He is a husband, and a father of 3 daughters. He has four sisters, so he feels right at home being completely outnumbered by the ladies in his present household (and also when he was the lead of the ladies dept at TJ Maxx). He believes that Jesus is for real. He’s writing this bio. He’s referring to himself in the third person. He knows that this bio has a ring of sarcasm, but he is dead serious. He feels extremely grateful. He jokes around, but he has worked very hard at making music his “job." He has spent countless hours writing, recording, playing live, and traveling to play live again. He has spent time away from his beloved family to make this thing a reality. He has never really experienced much radio success, so his fans have been gained the old fashioned way, by pouring his heart out on a stage, and by word of mouth. He feels certain that he will make music until his dying day, as it is not only gratifying for him to create, but also therapeutic and necessary. He can’t believe you’re still reading this… if you are still reading this, he wants to thank you for taking the time to do so, and for supporting what he does. He knows it would be impossible without you.
-Over 65 Million Spotify Streams
-55,000+ Albums sold Independently
-400,000+ Singles sold Independently
-Over 75 placements in film/tv including “American Idol,” “Grey’s Anatomy,” “Odd Life of Timothy Green,” “Something Borrowed,” “Vampire Diaries,” “One Tree Hill,” “Private Practice,” and more.
-Roll With It: #6 Billboard Heatseekers Albums Debut
-Where We Meet: #1 iTunes Singer Songwriter album and Top Ten iTunes overall
-This Love: #2 iTunes Singer Songwriter album
-Metal & Wood: #1 iTunes Singer Songwriter album
-Released two major label albums with Universal Republic Records
Hi, I’m Dan. I’m a whiskey & beer drinking, fishing & hunting loving, motorcycle riding, quality food eating, hippie sympathizing, people loving, husband & father who lives in Minneapolis and shares a life with my amazing wife and adorable son. I grew up in the suburbs of Detroit, MI, and moved to Minneapolis when I was 18 to study music, and I stayed because I’m one of those crazy people that enjoys the snow and cold weather. Music is my trade & performing it for people is my passion. When I’m not in my studio writing songs and cutting records, or on the road playing shows, I’m usually tending to our backyard chickens, eating fresh veggies from my wife’s huge garden, or out doing one of my many outdoor hobbies. Now here are a few things about my music career that I should probably share in a music bio:
• In September 2014 Budweiser released their "Friends Are Waiting" commercial campaign featuring me singing my song When You Come Home.
• In February, 2018, I released my newest album 25 Years and is the most prolific and widely distributed album to date, featuring songs that have been placed in major ads as well as widely played Spotify playlists.
• In October, 2018, Miller Lite featured my newest single “So Good” in one of their commercials that played for months during NFL games on ESPN & more.
• In March, 2019, my song “You Feel Like Home” was featured in Explore Minnesota Tourism’s newest ad campaign.
• Over the years I’ve had the honor of sharing the stage with some really cool artists & bands including The Civil Wars, Andy Grammer, Eric Hutchinson, Matt Nathanson, NeedtoBreathe, Augustana, Tyrone Wells, Haley Reinhart, John McLaughlin, Will Hoge, Drew Holcomb, Sister Hazel, and more.