Sorry! This event has passed. Check out our Calendar for other great shows and events
Corazon de Granada at The Loft - 7/27Friday, July 27 2018 6:30pm Doors / 8:30pm Start
Corazon de Granada at The Loft - 7/27
at The Loft at City Winery
Corazón de Granada: Flamenco Joven y Jondo
Three of Granada’s most promising young flamenco artists come together to create a show steeped in tradition and elevated by impeccable musical and dance technique.
These artists – as the trio’s name suggests – are the heart of Granada’s flamenco scene. The product of a rich heritage and years of formal and informal study fuse together in Flamenco Joven y Jondo (Young and Deep), proving that the purist roots of flamenco music and dance rest in the capable hands of this new generation of artists.
The trio made its U.S. premiere in in October 2017 at the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC. They have performed as featured artists at the Richmond Folk Festival and the Aga Khan Museum’s Duende Flamenco Festival.
Pablo Giménez (Guitar)
- The son of acclaimed classical and flamenco guitarist of Juan Miguel Giménez.
- He began his formal studies at the age of eight and concluded his professional training in classical guitar at the Virginia Eugenia Conservatory in Granada.
- His professional training in flamenco guitar is currently being completed at the Rafael Orozco Conservatory in Cordoba. It is the most prestigious flamenco guitar program in the world, accepting only a handful of new students per year.
- He has performed as a solo guitarist at such prestigious venues and festivals as Lincoln Center, the
Boston Guitar Festival and the Andres Segovia International Festival.
- He was the featured guitarist in the newly released documentary film Instrumental Places: The Granada Guitar.
Victoria Macias (Dance)
- Began dancing at the age of four and completed her professional training in Spanish Dance and Flamenco at the Reina Sofía Conservatory (Granada) and Carmen Amaya Conservatory (Madrid).
- Began her dance career at the age of 12 in the Maite Galán Spanish Dance Company.
- Has toured Spain extensively as a solo dancer and regularly appears as a featured dancer at Granada’s legendary flamenco tablao Venta El Gallo.
Alejandro Luján “El Gambimbas” (Vocals)
- Born into a family of flamenco singers in Granada, Spain.
- Since the age of eight, he has studied with some of the great masters of flamenco song, including Luis el Zambo, Arcangel and El Pele.
- In 2009, he wins First Prize at the I Pepe Luis Habichuela contest for young flamenco artists.
- He has performed on local and regional television programs and regularly appears as a featured singer at Granada’s legendary flamenco tablao Venta El Gallo.