The Chris Greene Quartet - 11/15/20 - **SOCIAL DISTANCE SEATING** - 50 TICKETS ONLY!Sunday, November 15 2020 6pm Doors / 7pm Start
The Chris Greene Quartet - 11/15/20 - **SOCIAL DISTANCE SEATING** - 50 TICKETS ONLY!
at SOCIAL DISTANCE SEATING LAYOUT
Welcome Back To City Winery!
The Show Must Go On...Just a Bit Differently!
Welcome to the first-of-its-kind City Winery show featuring a Socially-Distanced Seating Layout. Out of an abundance of caution, and in keeping with official local health guidelines:
- In these difficult times facing our industry, we kindly request a $40 food and beverage minimum per person
- We will be continually updating our seating map to adhere to all official guidelines regarding social distance requirements as they evolve. We have reduced the capacity to only 50 people and All seating will be General Admission. We recommend coming to the venue one hour early to enjoy a pre-show dinner in our venue (with contactless ordering and payment!) for the best experience.
- All guests are required to complete a contactless temperature check and wellness questionnaire (we take this, too) prior to entering our venue. Also, we require all patrons to wear a mask or face covering when entering and moving throughout public areas. You're welcome to take off your mask at your table.
- We are no longer seating unaffiliated parties at the same table. As such, tickets for this show will be sold in quantities of 2, or 4 people- select the appropriate group size for you and your companions.
- Limited amount of single tickets available by contacting the Box Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Chris Greene Quartet has been a highly visible part of Chicago’s jazz scene since 2005, and has maintained a stable lineup from the beginning, with the exception of Steve Corley, who has held the drum chair since 2011. Damian Espinosa on piano and keyboards and Marc Piane on acoustic and electric basses have been onboard since the beginning. Unique among Chicago bands, most of whom feature, by necessity, constantly shifting personnel, the CGQ has been able to develop a true group sound and feel, harking back to bands from the classic age of jazz when groups could stay together for long periods of time. While honoring the tradition, the CGQ incorporates elements of funk, hip-hop, rock, pop, the blues and reggae, reflecting their diverse backgrounds.
CGQ was also recently honored at the 2018 Chicago Music Awards with an award for “Best Jazz Entertainer” and recently won the “Best Jazz Band” category in the Chicago Reader “Best of Chicago” Poll.
“...a hearty tone and sharp wit...a proud descendant of such 60s soul-jazz saxophonists as Gene Ammons and Eddie Harris.”
-- DownBeat Magazine
“Chris Greene is a Chicago jazz treasure.”
- Rick Kogan, Chicago Tribune.
Chris Greene - saxes
Damian Espinosa - piano
Marc Piane - bass
Steve Corley - drums