CANCELLED: Kurt Elling Sings Christmas - (4PM SHOW) - 12/6/20Sunday, December 06 2020 3pm Doors / 4pm Start
CANCELLED: Kurt Elling Sings Christmas - (4PM SHOW) - 12/6/20
at City Winery Chicago
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SHOW HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO THE CURRENT RESTRICTIONS ON INDOOR EVENTS IN CHICAGO. TICKET HOLDERS WILL BE CONTACTED DIRECTLY WITH MORE INFORMATION AS WELL AS OPTIONS FOR TICKETS PURCHASED
Welcome to the first-of-its-kind City Winery show featuring a Socially-Distanced Seating Layout. Out of an abundance of caution, and in keeping with official local health guidelines:
- In these difficult times facing our industry, we kindly request a $40 food and beverage minimum per person
- We will be continually updating our seating map to adhere to all official guidelines regarding social distance requirements as they evolve. We have reduced the capacity to only 50 people and All seating will be General Admission. We recommend coming to the venue one hour early to enjoy a pre-show dinner in our venue (with contactless ordering and payment!) for the best experience.
- All guests are required to complete a contactless temperature check and wellness questionnaire (we take this, too) prior to entering our venue. Also, we require all patrons to wear a mask or face covering when entering and moving throughout public areas. You're welcome to take off your mask at your table.
- We are no longer seating unaffiliated parties at the same table. As such, tickets for this show will be sold in quantities of 2, or 4 people- select the appropriate group size for you and your companions.
- Limited amount of single tickets available by contacting the Box Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Renowned for his singular combination of robust swing and poetic insight, GRAMMY winner Kurt Elling has secured his place among the world’s foremost jazz vocalists. Declared “the standout male vocalist of our time” by The New York Times, Elling has garnered unprecedented accolades, including a fourteen-year run atop the DownBeat Critics Poll, a dozen GRAMMY nominations, and eight Jazz Journalists Association awards for “Male Singer of the Year.”
On The Beautiful Day: Kurt Elling Sings Christmas, his first recording for OKeh Records/Sony Music Masterworks, Elling has embraced the meaning and spirit of Christmas, celebrating the promise and magic of the season that touches people of all faiths and beliefs. Inventive and fresh, The Beautiful Day reimagines the sounds of Christmas, mixing traditional carols decked out in new arrangements with songs that are revelations and rediscovered treats. He wraps the universal themes of hope, light, wonder, mystery, and goodwill in musical packages full of delightful surprises. Elling says, “I knew I didn’t want to make a ‘religious’ record, just as I knew I didn't want to make a standard, swingin’ jazzy Christmas. I’m trying to expand my consciousness and embrace the goodness of the season, and I want to include everybody. For me, Christmas is a time of consideration, of pondering mysteries.” The Beautiful Day truly transcends Christmas.