Goran Ivanovic & Fareed Haque - 10/3/20 - **SOCIAL DISTANCE SEATING** - 50 TICKETS ONLY!Saturday, October 03 2020 7pm Doors / 8pm Start
Goran Ivanovic & Fareed Haque - 10/3/20 - **SOCIAL DISTANCE SEATING** - 50 TICKETS ONLY!
at Social Distance Seating Layout
Welcome Back To City Winery!
The Show Must Go On...Just a Bit Differently!
Welcome to the first-of-its-kind City Winery show featuring a Socially-Distanced Seating Layout. Out of an abundance of caution, and in keeping with official local health guidelines:
- In these difficult times facing our industry, we kindly request a $40 food and beverage minimum per person
- We will be continually updating our seating map to adhere to all official guidelines regarding social distance requirements as they evolve. We have reduced the capacity to only 50 people and All seating will be General Admission. We recommend coming to the venue one hour early to enjoy a pre-show dinner in our venue (with contactless ordering and payment!) for the best experience.
- All guests are required to complete a contactless temperature check and wellness questionnaire (we take this, too) prior to entering our venue. Also, we require all patrons to wear a mask or face covering when entering and moving throughout public areas. You're welcome to take off your mask at your table.
- We are no longer seating unaffiliated parties at the same table. As such, tickets for this show will be sold in quantities of 2, or 4 people- select the appropriate group size for you and your companions.
- Limited amount of single tickets available by contacting the Box Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Inspired by the rhythms and melodies of flamenco, jazz, classical, rock and the Balkan region, this performance features the unrivaled guitar artistry of two of the finest players of their respective generations. Their music is carefully balanced between blazing virtuosity and sheer beauty.
Goran Ivanovic and Fareed Haque recorded two CDs together, Macedonian Blues and 7 Boats, to great critical acclaim, even getting the nod as top best acoustic guitar albums 2004 from Acoustic Guitar Magazine.
"Although the music on this extraordinarily sensitive guitar-duo recording transcends genre, there's no resisting its mix of American jazz, acoustic blues, flamenco rhythm and Macedonian melody. Only two guitarists on the planet would come up with such a concoction, but Ivanovic and Haque (whose roots run to Yugoslavia and South Asia, respectively) play as if they're speaking the same musical language. Some listeners might be tempted to consign any recording as genteel as this to background music, but that would mean missing the puckish stop-start rhythms of "Kalajdzisko Oro," the mystical ambience of "Gajdarsko Oro" and the free-form expressions of "Improv." Those who have heard the duo in concert probably will conclude that no recording could capture fully the sparks that fly between these two virtuosos. But this disc at least documents the distinctly cross-continental flavor of their restlessly innovative work."
-HOWARD REICH, Los Angeles Times