Davy Knowles - 10/2/20 - **SOCIAL DISTANCE SEATING** - SOLD OUT - WAIT LIST AVAILABLEFriday, October 02 2020 6:30pm Doors / 7:30pm Start
Davy Knowles - 10/2/20 - **SOCIAL DISTANCE SEATING** - SOLD OUT - WAIT LIST AVAILABLE
at City Winery Chicago
Welcome Back To City Winery!
The Show Must Go On...Just a Bit Differently!
Welcome to the first-of-its-kind City Winery show featuring a Socially-Distanced Seating Layout. Out of an abundance of caution, and in keeping with official local health guidelines:
- In these difficult times facing our industry, we kindly request a $40 food and beverage minimum per person
- We will be continually updating our seating map to adhere to all official guidelines regarding social distance requirements as they evolve. We have reduced the capacity to only 50 people and All seating will be General Admission. We recommend coming to the venue one hour early to enjoy a pre-show dinner in our venue (with contactless ordering and payment!) for the best experience.
- All guests are required to complete a contactless temperature check and wellness questionnaire (we take this, too) prior to entering our venue. Also, we require all patrons to wear a mask or face covering when entering and moving throughout public areas. You're welcome to take off your mask at your table.
- We are no longer seating unaffiliated parties at the same table. As such, tickets for this show will be sold in quantities of 2, or 4 people- select the appropriate group size for you and your companions.
- Limited amount of single tickets available by contacting the Box Office at email@example.com
At 32 years of age, Isle of Man-born guitarist/singer/songwriter Davy Knowles can now add ‘Mascot Recording Artist’ to his long list of already impressive achievements.
Knowles first burst onto the scene in 2007 with his band ‘Back Door Slam’, garnering rave reviews, national US television appearances (Jimmy Kimmel Live, Good Morning America), extensive triple-A radio airplay, and two top 5 Billboard Blues charting albums. Since then, Knowles has independently released two more studio albums, 2014’s ‘The Outsider’ and 2016’s ‘Three Miles From Avalon’, which also hit the top 5 on the Billboard Blues chart. An EP, ‘1932’, showcasing his talents on acoustic guitar, specifically a 1932 National acoustic guitar, was released in early 2017.
An extensive tour schedule has ensured he has put in more than his ’10,000 hours’ on the road, including appearances with The Who, Jeff Beck, Gov’t Mule, Lynrd Skynrd, Kid Rock, Joe Bonamassa, Sonny Landreth, Peter Frampton, Joe Satriani, and the Sammy Hagar-fronted supergroup ‘Chickenfoot’ among many others. “It’s your job to be the worst player in the room, and absorb like a sponge” says Knowles of sharing the stage with his heroes. And it’s not just his heroes he’s played for, in 2010, he became the first musician in history to play live directly to the International Space Station from Mission Control in Houston.
Despite these accomplishments, things are only looking up for Davy Knowles, having just signed to Holland-based record label, Mascot. “I am excited to join the ranks at Mascot Records, a label I’ve admired and been a fan of for a long time, I feel honored to be included in their incredible roster, and am excited to knuckle down on making some great music together in 2020.”