CANCELLED: Chicago Soul Spectacular presents: Bird at 100! A tribute to Charlie Parker and Dizzy Gillespie - (5PM SHOW) - 10/31/20Saturday, October 31 2020 4pm Doors / 5pm Start
CANCELLED: Chicago Soul Spectacular presents: Bird at 100! A tribute to Charlie Parker and Dizzy Gillespie - (5PM SHOW) - 10/31/20
at City Winery Chicago
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SHOW HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO THE CURRENT RESTRICTIONS ON INDOOR EVENTS IN CHICAGO. TICKET HOLDERS WILL BE CONTACTED DIRECTLY WITH MORE INFORMATION AS WELL AS OPTIONS FOR TICKETS PURCHASED
Welcome to the first-of-its-kind City Winery show featuring a Socially-Distanced Seating Layout. Out of an abundance of caution, and in keeping with official local health guidelines:
- In these difficult times facing our industry, we kindly request a $40 food and beverage minimum per person
- We will be continually updating our seating map to adhere to all official guidelines regarding social distance requirements as they evolve. We have reduced the capacity to only 50 people and All seating will be General Admission. We recommend coming to the venue one hour early to enjoy a pre-show dinner in our venue (with contactless ordering and payment!) for the best experience.
- All guests are required to complete a contactless temperature check and wellness questionnaire (we take this, too) prior to entering our venue. Also, we require all patrons to wear a mask or face covering when entering and moving throughout public areas. You're welcome to take off your mask at your table.
- We are no longer seating unaffiliated parties at the same table. As such, tickets for this show will be sold in quantities of 2, or 4 people- select the appropriate group size for you and your companions.
- Limited amount of single tickets available by contacting the Box Office at email@example.com
Chicago Soul Spectacular presents:
Bird at 100! A tribute to Charlie Parker and Dizzy Gillespie
This is a high flying tribute to the undisputed kings of Bebop. Working through a selection of some of the Jazz era's greatest compositions, Soul Spectacular virtuosos's Chris Greene (alto saxophone) and John Moore Jr. (trumpet) lead the band through a depth defying tour of the bop landscape. Chicago Soul Spectacular is known for shows that deliver you to another era. So this Halloween, leave 2020 behind and prepare to be transported to Minton's Playhouse in the late 40's and early 50's in the age where modern Jazz began. Feel free to wear a beret and your hippest turtle neck.